Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bumblebees and Spiders

I had that kid song in my head this morning, do you know it?


Baby Bumblebee Song
I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee,
Won't my mommy be so proud of me,
(Cup hands together as if holding bee)

I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee,
Ouch! It stung me!
(Shake hands as if just stung)

I'm squishing up the baby bumblebee,
Won't my mommy be so proud of me,
('Squish' bee between palms of hands)

I'm squishing up a baby bumblebee,
Ooh! It's yucky!
(Open up hands to look at 'mess')

I'm wiping off the baby bumblebee,
Won't my mommy be so proud of me,
(Wipe hands off on shirt)

I'm wiping off the baby bumblebee,
Now my mommy won't be mad at me!
(Hold hands up to show they are clean)



*~*~*~*~*~*

An interesting thing when I haven't heard that song in YEARS!  And it's not as if I had an interaction with a bumblebee lately, considering it's the dead of winter.  

Colton loves the song Itsy Bitsy Spider, he always applauds at the end, I wonder sometimes if he applauds because I had stopped singing.  ;)

What nursery rhyme/song does your kidlet like?

1 comment:

  1. I sang itsy bitsy spider to him the other day and his eyes lit up and he started doing the spider going up the spout with his fingers. I knew then that you had sung this one to him. He also clapped when I was done singing:0

    ReplyDelete